Step 1: Creating an API Key in the WooCommerce Dashboard:
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Navigate to “WooCommerce” in the left-hand side menu.
- Click on “Settings” and then select the “Advanced” tab.
- Click on the “REST API” sub-tab.
- Enable the REST API by checking the “Enable the REST API” option.
- Click on the “Add Key” button to create a new API key.
- Provide a Description for the API key (e.g., “Hippoo Android App”).
- Under the “Permissions” section, select the desired access level for the API key. For full functionality, you can choose “Read/Write” access.
- Click on the “Generate API Key” button to generate the key.
- Once the key is generated, you will see the API Key and API Secret displayed. Make a note of both, as you will need them in the next step.
Once the configuration is complete, the Hippoo Android app should establish a connection with your WooCommerce shop using the API key. This will allow you to access the desired features and functionalities within the app.